As we wrap up 2015 and move into 2016 there is always much hope and good plans to begin the New Year. Some of us redo our goals (personal and professional) while others focus on their New Year's resolutions and attempting to increase the good habits and cut back on the bad ones. For The Addison Treehouse, our hope and goal for 2016 is to continue to serve this community and support entrepreneurs as they start, build, and grow successful ventures that raise money, created jobs and change the face of the North Texas entrepreneurial community to the rest of the world. So let us start out this new year together with a shared vision and mission to "give first" and help our ecosystem continue to grow in 2016.
Do something this year that matters. Do something that makes a difference. Try something new and get out of your comfort zone to push the limits of what you can accomplish. There is no better place in the world to start something than DFW and there is no better time to get started than now!
Wishing you the very best in 2016.
Here is a RECAP of some of the great things that came out in the 2015 State of Entrepreneurship Address:
- Dallas Innovates video that highlighted 6 entrepreneurs in our community that represent their categories of focus on the new site (Launched this week.) Find out more on Dallas Innovates at www.dallasinnovates.com.
- Creative, Invention, Education, Enterprise, Social, Startup
- Mend announced their partnership with a key health care institution (later revealed to be Children’s Health.) Find announcement in D Healthcare Daily.
- The Dallas Festival of Ideas announced their keynote speaker, Russell Simmons (@UncleRush) and panel for the “Entrepreneurial City” tract that will be taking place in Fair Park on February 19-20, 2016. The panel includes Nina Vaca, Salah Boukadoum, Gail Warrior and Trey Bowles.
- The DEC announced its Third Floor expansion, the Innovation Hub, at 311 N. Market Street in the West End. This will be a place for companies that are exceptionally innovative and are moving beyond the need for coworking space. If you are interested in applying for space in the Innovation Hub, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Between Two Palms (#btwn2palms) with guest entrepreneurs: Nick Kennedy of Rise, Ben Lamm of Chaotic Moon, Molly Cain from Tech Wildcatters and the rambunctious Craig Lewis from Visage Payroll
- We unveiled the 2015 State of Entrepreneurship Data Visualization piece titled “The Lifecycle of an Entrepreneur”. This showcases data about our community and the organizations and capital sources that support it. You can find this interactive model at soe2015.thedec.co
The Addison Treehouse is excited to announce that Utah-based, industry leading coding school, DevMountain, has chosen to host their 16-week part-time course here at the Treehouse! Anyone who completes the course will receive $50 off of a Treehouse membership! Please click hereto find out more about this partnership and program being offered to the DFW startup community.
UPCOMING EVENTS IN THE COMMUNITY:
1 Million Cups Dallas
Every Wednesday at 9 a.m. (starts back January 13th)
Dallas New Tech
Tuesday, January 5, 2016
Model Sales Group: "Entreprism"
Wednesday, January 20th, 2016
EO Dallas Nominating Lunch
Friday, January 29th 2016
The DEC's Whiteboard Sessions
Ongoing, Sign Up Now!
SXSW Interactive Community Meet Up
Tuesday, January 12th 2016