ABOUT THE CLASS
This course will be an IP 101/201 designed to educate entrepreneurs and startups about their IP rights and what those rights mean throughout the business life cycle.
The course will answer the following questions:
- What is IP?
- Do I have IP? If so, what rights do I have?
- How do I protect my rights?
- What can I patent?
- Should I bother to protect my rights?
- What happens if I don’t protect my rights?
- Why do VCs and fundin sources care if I have IP?
- How much will it cost to protect my IP?
- What is the process and howl ong does it take?
- How can I leverage my IP rights?
- How do I determine what IP rights my competitors have any why should I care?
- What types of agreements and documentation do I need to implement with employees and general contractors?
- What mistakes must I avoid?
- So I have IP and I want to protect it. When should I talk to an IP attorney?
Attendees will be able to identify their IP rights and understand the steps to secure those rights. They will also be equipped to implement plans to develop or acquire IP they may be missing. Finally, the course will position attendees to confidently engage with IP attorneys and funding sources on all things IP.
ABOUT THE INSTRUCTOR, Jason Wietjes-Polsinelli PC
Jason is an intellectual property and technology lawyer. He has experience with all aspects of intellectual property law including the litigation of intellectual property cases, licensing, preparation of noninfringement, invalidity and clearance opinions, and patent and trademark filing and acquisition. In addition, he regularly counsels clients on issues pertaining to IP asset analysis, trade secret protection, confidentiality and nondisclosure agreements, unfair competition, and the Internet. Jason is also a mentor at the Addison Treehouse. Check out his mentor office hours and sign up today!
PRESENTED BY, The Addison Treehouse
Founded by the Town of Addison and the Dallas Entrepreneur Center (DEC), the Addison Treehouse (501c3 non-profit) is a resource centered coworking space focused on providing aspiring entrepreneurs with education, programing/events, and mentorship that are vital for the growth and sustainability of businesses. Learn more ataddisontreehouse.com.
All uncovered parking at the Addison Treehouse is FREE.
Check out all events at the Treehouse!
Make sure to follow us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/Addisontreehouse and Twitter at @treehousetx. To get a sneak peek at the happenings inside the Treehouse, follow us on Instagram at TreehouseTX.
Have questions? Contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org